Physical Science and Chemistry is one of the subjects in high school that is of utmost importance for the development of an economically, and technologically sound country. A small number of pupils in general take physical science and chemistry as subjects and the general results of examinations are unsatisfactory.
The poor average percentage achieved for Chemistry by grade 12 pupils in many developing countries can be attributed to the fact that schools do not have adequate equipment to allow pupils to do the experiments (which support the theory) themselves and or teachers do not have adequate experience and skills. If pupils could do the experiments themselves, it could contribute to a better visualization and lead to better understanding of concepts.
The Mylab Chemistry & Natural Science kits is the product of many years of development by well qualified and experienced chemistry lecturers at the North-West University, Potchefstroom Campus. They have been involved in the training of Physical Science teachers for the past 25 years. The result is a unique and ingenious mini-laboratory for all chemistry and natural science experiments at school for grades 4 to 12 and FET Colleges. We are of the opinion that, if the Mylab Chemistry & Natural Science kits are made available to schools, many of the problems in the teaching of chemistry and natural science could be solved.
- The Mylab kits offer complete solutions to teachers and learners; therefore we do not supply loose items that result in incomplete and useless laboratory apparatus.
- Teacher manuals, Learner manuals, experiment DVD’s, apparatus and chemicals are included in the Mylab kits. The Mylab solutions align with most school curriculums around the world, some minor adjustment may be required here and there.
- With the workload that Teachers are burdened with, these excellent teaching aids will help Teachers to prepare for and to present the classes more easily.
- The kit is a complete true-to-life small-scale laboratory with test tubes, spatula, deflagrating spoon, etc. and 100% mobile due to it’s compact design.
- All reactions, colour changes and products are clearly visible. The apparatus can easily be heated and cooled.
- Cleaning of the apparatus is also not a hassle as step by step instructions are given in the manuals.
- All experiments are done with with small amounts of chemicals and this means – cutting costs, pollution and the danger of explosions. Preparation of solutions by the Teacher is limited to the minimum; match-head quantities of solids are dissolved to generate solutions of workable concentrations.
- The kits can be used in an ordinary classroom; hence, no laboratory is needed. No electricity or running water is needed for the experiments.
- Everything is replaceable and Chemicals can last between three (3) and five (5) years if used sparingly.
Something that we are very proud off and that sets Mylab far above any other school chemistry and natural science kits is our Teacher Training Workshops, presented by the NWU - Potchefstroom Campus. It provides hands-on Teacher training to equip Teachers with the much needed skills to get the best results out of the Mylab® Kits with their Learners, and this builds greater confidence in the teachers to DO the prescribed experiments in their classes.
For more detailed information about Mylab kits and solutions for Junior & High School & FET Colleges, visit www.mylab.co.za today!